Saturday, January 20, 2007

She's Coming


Hillary




Get Ready


Clinton Says I'm In to Win 2008 Race New York Times:

Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton announced this morning that she was taking the first formal step to seek the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008. By PATRICK HEALY, Published: January 20, 2007.

Six years after making history by winning a United States Senate seat as first lady, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton announced this morning that she was taking the first formal step to seek the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008, a journey that would break yet more political barriers in her extraordinary and controversial career.

"I'm in," she says in a statement on her new campaign Web site, HillaryClinton.com. "And I'm in to win." Mrs. Clinton, 59, called for bold but practical changes in foreign, domestic, and national security policy and said that she would focus on finding "a right end" to the Iraq war, expanding health insurance, pursuing greater energy independence and strengthening Social Security and Medicare.

I would note that Mrs. Clinton, with regard to Iraq, is not seeking "victory", but "a right end."

As far as health care and Medicare go, we all know what this means by her previous attempts at health care legislation; socialized medicine and all that this entails.

These are just cautionary statements. There will be plenty of time to debate the issues.


The main thing that I want to say to the nation at this time is just get ready for Hillary.




Hillary Trumps Obama


Despite recent polls that show she is facing great competition from Barack Obama, it is my belief that Obama is not ready yet, and the people will discover this before too long. Mrs. Clinton has the gravitas that Obama lacks, the heft. She has the connections, the money-raising machine, the worldwide reach, and the hidden reservoir of goodwill that Bill Clinton built with liberals.

Mrs. Clinton has proven herself electable in New York, even garnering Republican votes and winning landslide elections. She is not an ideal candidate, not like Bill. She can be shrill, and she has a difficult time deciding where she stands on issues, like Iraq. Yet, she is shrewd enough to adjust, and I believe she is a formidable politician.


Forces of Nature


Hillary will win the Democratic nomination for president, and be the first lady (forgive the pun) to do so. What's more, I believe she will be a formidable opponent for any Republican, despite her negatives. She and Bill campaigning will be overwhelming.

One team that would be almost unbeatable, in my opinion, would be her as the presidential candidate with Barack Obama as the vice-presidential candidate. Race over.

Well, not so fast. On the Republican side, if John McCain were to win the nomination, or Rudy Giuliani, then there might be a small chance for the Republicans, depending on the vice-presidential nominee. If Condi Rice could be persuaded to run, even for the second spot on the ticket, this could change the calculations.


Looking for a Leader


I know it's way too early to accurately predict, but I'm willing to say that I believe Hillary will win the nomination, and the presidency in 2008, maybe with Barack as the Vice President, unless the Republicans grow out of being politicians and transform into real leaders, starting today. They will not beat Mrs. Clinton by trying to outdo her with giving the people what they want. She's going to promise them the moon. The country will elect Hillary/Barack unless there is a true leader to beat them.

Yes, John McCain and Rudy Giuliani are such kinds of leaders. McCain, though, is quite old for a presidential candidate, getting up to Reagan-like years, and Americans are left with memories of Mr. Reagan's last years of falling asleep at meetings and such. McCain is 70 now, and would be 72 when he would take the oath, the oldest American ever elected. Reagan was 69 when he first took office.

Giuliani's problem is getting nominated. He probably is too liberal for most Republicans. Unfortunately. He'd be great. Of the two, McCain has the best chance of getting nominated. A McCain/Giuliani ticket could be competitive; but a McCain/Rice ticket would be even better.


The Prediction


Still, I give the nod to Mrs. Clinton. If I'm right—nation, get ready for Hillary.

Rock

(*Wikipedia is always my source unless indicated.)


Click here to get a button link to this blog:


Join me in the war on error, in the fight for truth, justice, and the American way! Support this site!


Subscribe to my feed
                                          

Join or Surf Rock's Political Blog Ring. Both Liberals and Conservatives are Welcome.


Technorati Tags for this post: , , , , , , ,

Regular Technorati Tags for this blog: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,


7 comments:

  1. You're right on the money!!! My first name is Hillary so I use a pseudonym on the blogs...I get ragged on too much. I just received a tee-shirt from www.rightwingstuff.com that has a banner on the front: "Hillaryous"
    I love it!

    I think Obama will be her running mate. And please, dear God! Help us all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article. Interesting take on the battle of the Dems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know who you are, but I do want to know what you did with Rock, oh...this is Rock, sorry. I was worried for a minute. I believe Hillary would love nothing more, I just don't think she can pull it off. But I do agree, the Republicans need to step up to the plate, and produce what they are capable of being.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Sgt, nice to hear from you.

    I'm like the ghosts in Scrooge. These are not the things that must be, but the things that will be if something doesn't change.

    Again, Sgt, I find you much more level-headed than I, which is good for you. On the other hand, calling things as you see them can often lead to pessimism. I have chosen in this blog to call things as I see them, and rely on sober counterarguments like yours to balance my presentations.

    Thanks.

    Have a great day.

    Rock

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing Gracie, thanks for your comments.

    I thought I made up Hillary-ous, oh well, nothing new under the sun I guess.

    I agree, God help us all.

    Rock

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Yankee Biz.

    It will be an interesting race for sure.

    Rock

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rock, I have a funny utube on hillary, it may be off the bottom of my blog by now, it will make you smile.

    ReplyDelete