Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Some Things Just Burn My Ass

(Contributed by Sarge Charlie, at the preceding link.)

What and old soldier thinks....





















Four years ago yesterday, the headlines were “Commander in Chief lands on USS Lincoln”, since that time the media and the political opponents of the President have besmirched this action as phoney, and grandstanding. Maybe so, but I saw it differently. I saw a president willing to meet the returning warriors and just say thank you. If that is political grandstanding then it is good grandstanding. This old soldier swelled with pride when that jet landed on the deck of the Lincoln, tears swelled in my eyes when I saw a man as important as the President of the United States willing to take the time to say thanks. A small thing, hell no, the effect this had on moral of the military forces of this country was overwhelming. Anyone who cannot understand that needs to stand the post, walk in harms way, suck it up when someone is trying to kill you, then you will understand.

Fast forward four years, the Congress passed an Emergency Funding Bill, a surrender bill, last Friday, April 27, 2007. Purely for political gain, the Congress sat on this most important piece of Legislation that they have produced in today’s Congress for four days so they could further besmirch our President. It was a truly shameful attempt to destroy the moral of Americas fighting force. What the hell is wrong with these people, are they cowards, or worse, traitors, we have men and women in harms way and while Senator Joseph Robinette Biden, Jr. smirks while uttering the words “we will shove this down the presidents throat.” I consider the source and try to ignore what he said, but he is a candidate, trying to be President of the United States. I will not say what I would like to shove down his throat.

This crap is not funny folks, it is serious and deadly, soldiers are in harms way, they need what they need, and we should give it to them, no strings attached. What is happening is shameful, truly shameful.

And that is what I have to say about that.

5 comments:

  1. uh oh. first he is told his blog is written beautifully and now he is a guest blogger at rock's??? i think my hubby is going to need a bigger lucky hat! ha ha ha....

    smiles, bee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am truly honored to see this post on your site Mr. Rock

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome, Sarge, and it is I who is honored.

    Rock

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paz came to my place and commented on this post, I took his comment and made a debate post, stop by, I did not give in......

    ReplyDelete