Saturday, February 3, 2007

Announcement: Truth on Monday Mornings

To My Dear Readers

New Policy: A Post Each Monday Morning


I assume there will be several changes in this blog over its life. This will be one of them.

I've been considering this a long time and have finally decided to do it. I am transforming this blog from a daily to a weekly post. I will from now on post once a week, on Monday mornings. This will be in effect, I assume, until I can go professional as a blogger or journalist, or in some other way have more time.

I'll reserve the right to post a comment or two as an informal post during the week, or an observation, or a new cartoon, and so on. I'll also elevate extended or astute comments into informal posts during the week. Plus, I'll update my header daily, with a pithy comment. Otherwise, I'll wait for Monday mornings.

My reasons for doing this are: I will be able to research a whole week if I need it for any one article. I will have time to visit other blogs and leave comments. Plus, this format will give my readers a whole week to comment on any particular post, if they want. This is good for me, as I invest my heart into each article, and one week's consideration of each post seems appropriate.

As I love researching, writing, and posting, I will miss the daily post, and I will return to it, or its equivalent, whenever I can.


Unchained Memories


I was watching this morning Unchained Memories: Readings from the Slave Narratives, and it was deeply moving. Yes, I am appalled at slavery and what it wrought on our dear brothers and sisters. I am also appalled, though, at the thought of man's inhumanity to man. It's just hard to believe, sometimes, how cruel we can be.

We've seen this kind of brutality in the behaviors of tyrants, in good folks turning bad in hard times or war, and in minor ways through such things as cuttroat business practices.

God sure set us up for many tests while we live on this earth.

Next post is on Monday morning.

God bless.

Rock

7 comments:

  1. Rock, completely understandable and I look forward to seeing each new post on Mondays. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sgt.

    Catch you later.

    Rock

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm..
    I can't say I care too much for that, being a daily reader of your blog (except when the subject's too technically American that i have no idea what you're talking about), but if you feel like that's what you should do, then God speed, you got my support..

    Take care..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tarek, how nice of you to say. It almost makes me want to change my mind. I promise, though, that I will get back to once a day when I feel I can.

    Rock

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks paz. See my Comments Post for my responses.

    Rock

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well sir, you have been a daily read for me, i do understand and will be there on Mondays waiting for your words........Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sarge. Of course, I will be getting comments on a daily basis, plus posting informal posts on other days, and like today, comments as posts. So, it might work out to be a benefit in the long run. We'll see. One day I'll get back to daily posting, but for now I can really research my posts and make sure I respond to comments, and visit other blogs.

    Rock

    ReplyDelete